Back to School Information
We are looking forward to seeing you soon! In hopes of consolidating all of the essential information, we have put together this page for our parents and students!
WELCOME BACK MESSAGES FROM THE PRINCIPALS
Below are important messages from the principals about the beginning of the school year. Please read the messages before attending open house.
- K - 8 lists are located here: K-8 Grade Supply Lists
- Please note all students in K-6 will need to have over the ear headphones
- Students in grades 7-8 will need over the ear headphones and an iPad charger
- Upper School supply lists will be given out at Open House and the first day of school
- Supply Packs ordered in June can be picked up at Open House in the Gym.
UNIFORMS AND DRESS CODE
24/7 ONLINE SPIRIT STORE
- The online spirit store is back and will be open until August 15th. Orders placed in this round will be shipped by Labor Day.
- Link to Spirit Store: 24/7 Online Spirit Store
All students in grades 3-12 will be issued iPads to be used for school use only. Only students in grades 7-12 will take iPads to and from school nightly. The Technology Acknowledgement forms below must be completed before your student will be issued an iPad.
- 3rd - 6th Grade Technology Acknowledgement Form
- 7th - 8th Grade Technology Acknowledgement Form
- 9th - 12th Grade Technology Acknowledgement Form
All K-12 students that require meds, rescue inhalers or Epi-Pens must have the Medical Authorization Form on file with the nurse.
- Medication Authorization Form
- Submit up to date immunizations to the front office if in Kindergarten, 6th or 12th grade or new to Bradford Prep
- Review Car Line Procedures
- Request Group Carpool Tags if needed - pick up at Open House in gym if requested by 8/5
- Pick up Family Car Line tags in gym at Open House (all families will be issued two - request additional if need)
- Per CMPD, only students that live in the neighborhood across from the school or in Withrow Downs/The Settlements may walk to and from school.
- Parents that wish to allow their students to walk home from school must complete the Walker Waiver Form
- Walker Waiver Form
PARKING ON CAMPUS
- For the 2021-2022 School Year, parking passes will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis to Juniors and Seniors that are eligible and choose to drive to school.
- Parking Passes will be given out at the following times: August 4th, 1-1:30PM Seniors Only, August 4th, 1:30-2PM Juniors and Seniors
- 2021-2022 Parking Permit Form
- If High School student will be picking up younger siblings, please review information for sibling release and complete the appropriate form. Procedures for Student Drivers with Siblings
- No catered lunch until September 7th; pack a lunch for your child
- Vendors have been hesitating to commit to lunch delivery this year due to labor shortages. We are finalizing vendors for the first few weeks of catered lunch and ordering will be available once we are sure vendors are locked in.
- Before Care managed by Superlative Club, runs from 7-7:45AM
- After Care managed by Superlative Club, runs from 3:45 - 6PM
- Register with Superlative Club
- Sign up to Try Out (Must be signed up to receive team specific info and ticket to play)
- High School tryouts will begin on August 3rd with Boys Soccer, Volleyball, Cross Country, and Girls Golf.
- Middle School tryouts will begin on August 16th with Boys Soccer, Volleyball, and Cross Country.
- Athletics Paperwork Must be Completely turned in before tryouts.
- Link to Download Athletic Paperwork
- Parent will receive email confirming athlete is cleared to tryout before tryouts start if all paperwork is received.
- High School Athletic Fees will be due by 8/8. Athletes may not practice or play after that date if fees are not paid.
- Middle School Athletic Fees will be due by 8/22. Athletes may not practice or play after that date if fees are not paid.
- Bradford receives funding for students present the first 20 days of school. Please help us receive the maximum funding by sending your child to school the first 20 days.
- If your child will be absent, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board of Directors approved the following guidance regarding COVID for the 2021-2022 school year. The Board will review the data and procedures at every Board meeting and will revise as needed.
- All staff, students and visitors must wear a mask indoors during school hours. Masks are not required outdoors.
- Students are required to wear a mask on the bus if they ride to and from school.
- Parents are asked to bring student vaccination documentation to open house so that our nurses can document it in case we have a potential exposure. The school nurses will be located in both academic buildings during open house.
- We have a dashboard on our website that shows up-to-date data on our COVID numbers. It will be updated weekly to allow parents make decisions for their children based on the most up to date numbers.
- As the law does not allow us to provide remote learning to students, we are unable to offer that option for this coming year.
- Quarantine Protocols will be followed for an individual who has been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes cumulatively over a 24-hour period) of someone who is determined positive with COVID-19 either through testing or symptom consistent diagnosis, with the following three exceptions:
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated and do not have symptoms do NOT need to quarantine after a close contact.
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered and do not have symptoms do NOT have to quarantine.
- Students who are not fully vaccinated after a close contact in a classroom or other school setting if masks were being worn appropriately and consistently by both the person with COVID-19 and the potentially exposed person do NOT need to quarantine.
- CDC continues to recommend quarantine for 14 days after last exposure. However, as of December 2, 2020, the CDC has offered options to reduce the duration of quarantine in either of the following two scenarios:
- 10 days of quarantine have been completed and no symptoms have been reported during daily at home monitoring;
- 7 days of quarantine have been completed, no symptoms have been reported during daily at home monitoring, and the individual has received results of a negative antigen or PCR/molecular test on a test taken no earlier than day 5 of quarantine.
- If quarantine is discontinued before day 14, the individual should continue to monitor symptoms and strictly adhere to all non- pharmaceutical interventions (e.g. wear a mask, practice physical distancing) through 14 days after the date of last exposure.
The board meets again August 19th and will revisit the above protocols and policy at that point.
- All Seniors should sign up for a time to come have their formal pictures taken on August 9th. These pictures will be in the yearbook so regardless of whether you plan to purchase the pictures, please be sure to sign up for a time slot here: Senior Formals Sign Up
- All students in grades K-12 will have their fall picture taken the last week of September. Seniors will participate in both as we include a formal and casual picture for each senior in the yearbook.
- PowerSchool Parent Login Page
- Please fill out this form to request access to PowerSchool Parent Portal if you have never logged in with Bradford before.
- If you have logged in previously, please use the password reset link on the sign in page to reset your PowerSchool Password
- Canvas Parent Set Up Directions
BLOOMZ / PARENT COMMUNICATION APP
- We will be using the Bloomz app for all parent and student communication from teachers, coaching staff and admin. You will receive information about how to get connected to your classes and teams later in August.
- If you aren't seeing emails from the school, please check your junk and promotions folder and mark emails from Bradford staff as not promotions or not junk.
PARENT ORIENTATION AND TOWN HALL PRESENTATION AND LINK
Please click below to access the presentation from the Parent Orientation Meeting from July 28th.
Audio Recording of Town Hall Zoom. The Password is dw3s&45K.