As part of the NC state assessment plan, all tenth grade students will take the Pre-ACT on Thursday, November 15, 2018. Students need to arrive at school by 7:30 am. Testing will begin at 7:45 am.
Students who arrive after testing has started will not be able to enter the testing room. Please make sure your student is on time!
Students must bring their own approved calculator. Calculators are not required. Please see the approved calculator policy attached at the bottom right hand side of this page.
Cell phones will be collected at check-in. Per ACT policy, electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room. Students will keep all ipads, watches, fitbits, etc... in their bookbags. These will be stored outside of the testing room location.
Per ACT policy, no food or drink is allowed in the testing room. Please make sure your student eats a good breakfast on this day!
It is highly encouraged for all tenth graders to complete the optional Interest Inventory on the ACT website. Follow the steps below to create an ACT profile for your student and to complete the Interest Inventory. Please note all features will not load in a mobile view. It is recommended to complete these steps from a desktop or laptop.
- 1. Go to http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/act-profile.html
2. Scroll towards the bottom of the page. You will see a section titled Planning for Your Future
3. Click on the blue Join or Sign In button. This will take you to a new page.
4. Click on the blue Sign In or Create An Account button.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Create Account
6. Fill in the required personal information (this will be several screens). Once completed, ACT will
email you a link to activate your account. Click on this link in your email. Select ACT Profile and
click the blue Launch button.
7. You will be re-directed back to the main ACT profile page you already visited. This time, sign in
with your newly created account information.
8. You will be asked to answer two additional questions. Click the Submit button.
9. From the ACT Profile main page, click on Career Map at the top. From the drop down menu,
select Career Map.
10. Locate the blue Take a Tour of Career Map button (do not click). Directly below this button,
click on Take Your Inventories to complete the inventory.
If you have issues with creating an ACT profile account, please contact the ACT help line at
(319) 337-1000 Monday- Friday from 8:30 AM-5:00 PM CST.