Bradford Prep Fundraising Policy
To provide parameters to ensure all fundraisers conducted at Bradford Prep are directly related to assisting the School and/or enhance learning opportunities.
In order to foster an environment that is focused on learning and student growth, Bradford Prep will only raise funds for purposes directly related to school improvement, school community development or learning enhancement. In order to streamline this process, Bradford Prep has created a subgroup of the Finance Committee specifically focused on fundraising with clearly outlined parameters and guidelines.
All fundraisers must be approved by either the school administration or the Board of
Directors prior to implementation.
Purposes of Fundraising:
The following are acceptable fundraising purposes:
- Fundraisers where proceeds go towards enhancing Bradford Prep facilities or other budget needs.
- Fundraisers where proceeds reduce field trip costs or other student costs as they pertain to educational opportunities.
- Fundraisers for charities or causes will only be conducted if there is a direct tie to a school service project in which Bradford Prep students are involved.
- Bradford Prep marketing must be in compliance with the Community Partnership Plan
- Students and parents are prohibited from soliciting Bradford Prep staff and other families on school property.
- Students and staff will not be required to participate in selling any type of product in connection with school-approved fundraisers. All involvement in such selling activities by students and staff is voluntary (e.g. book fair, selling of Bradford Prep spirit wear, student artwork, etc...)
Donors Choose and Internet/Social Media/Crowdsourcing Policy
All fundraising, grants, and monies intended to be raised for Bradford, or any classroom, activity, athletics or club or project, through organizations such as Donors Choose or any like organizations or other internet/social media/crowdsourcing, must be pre-approved by either the School Administration or Board of Directors. If the project is for technology or equipment, the technology will remain with the School if and when the teacher leaves. If the project is for items that are not considered technology or equipment, the teacher may request approval prior to submitting the project for the items to go with him/her if they leave Bradford Prep to work at another public school.
Donors Choose Policy
All fundraising, grants, and monies intended to be raised for Bradford Prep School, or any classroom, activity, athletics or club or project, through organizations such as Donors Choose or any like organizations or other internet/social media/crowdsourcing, must be pre-approved by the School. Please contact the Director for such approval. Only the Director or his/her designee has the authority to approve such requests All supplies, materials, technology, and books received through the project will remain with the school if the teacher leaves. If the project is for technology or school equipment or books, the technology will remain with the school if the teacher leaves.
Bradford Preparatory School Employee Handbook 40 | P a g e (2019-2020)