Parking on Campus
Upper School students are eligible to park on campus provided they have a parking pass and meet the following guidelines, however it should be noted that parking on campus is primarily a Senior privilege. As spots are available beyond the needs for the senior class, they will be made available to Juniors.
- Student must be making adequate academic progress (passing at least 70% of the maximum of possible courses each semester and meet promotion standards established by the School).
- Any out of school suspensions, multiple violations of the Honor Code or Student Behavior Code or outstanding financial obligations may result in immediate loss of driving privileges for the remainder of the semester. Driving to school/parking pass privileges may be revoked for more than a semester if deemed necessary in the sole discretion of the Bradford Prep administration.
- Student drivers requesting a parking spot are required to bring the following to the office:
- A copy of their report card and transcript to the office when requesting/renewing a parking pass.
- A copy of proof of insurance for the car or cars they will use while parking on campus.
- A copy of the student’s driver’s license
- $50 for an annual parking pass. Please note that parking pass fees are nonrefundable and non-transferable and that there is a $10 charge to replace a lost pass.
- Parking passes will not be given to any student who has an outstanding financial obligation.
- If a student participates in a carpool, all students who are driving must meet the eligibility requirements and be registered with the office with proper documentation.
- Students who park on school grounds or at Freedom House Church without a valid parking permit will face disciplinary consequences.
- 1st offense: 1 day after school detention assigned and $10 daily parking fee
- 2nd offense: 2 days after school detention assigned and $10 daily parking fee
- 3rd offense: suspension until a parent conference is held
For the 2018-2019 School Year, parking passes will be available on a first come first serve basis to those that are eligible and choose to drive to school. Parking Passes will be given out on the following days until they are gone. For the 2018-2019 school year, we have 25 spots available for Upper School students to park in. Parking Passes are given out on a first come, first serve basis to eligible students.
- Seniors Only: August 15th at 10AM in the Main Office
- Juniors and Seniors: August 16th at 10AM in the Main Office as long as spots remain available
**If the student will be out of town on the day parking passes are given out, they may have a designated person come on their behalf to pick up a parking pass but they must come with all of the paperwork required as well as payment.
Please Note: Parking at Bradford Prep is not a right but rather a privilege and choice. To protect the health and safety of all our students and staff, student vehicles parked on school property are subject to search by any authorized school personnel or law enforcement agencies when there is a reasonable suspicion that a student may be in violation of school policy or law.
In addition to the requirements above, student drivers must adhere to the following policies:
- Student drivers must observe all North Carolina General Statutes and all Bradford driving rules, this includes obeying all traffic laws, signs and noise ordinances, not speeding or making excessive noise by spinning wheels or playing loud music.
- For student drivers under 18 years of age, all state laws shall be followed, including those laws addressing the number of underage students and passengers allowed per driver. And, student drivers under 18 are not to use
a device (i.e. cell phones, tablets, GPS Nav systems, iPod/device sound systems) while the car is in motion.
- Student drivers are not allowed to sit in their vehicles during the school day. Written permission from the Office must be obtained to enter their vehicles during the day to retrieve forgotten items.
- Student drivers must notify the administration immediately if they are involved in an accident on school grounds. This includes any minor damage to another vehicle.
- Student drivers must park in their designated space.
- Students and their parents are specifically reminded to be vigilant regarding the contents of their vehicles when they are on school property. The student driver shall not keep illegal, dangerous, or inappropriate items in the vehicle. These include but
are not limited to alcoholic beverages, drugs, tobacco products, or weapons. NC law prohibits and deals harshly with weapons and illegal substances in vehicles on school property.
- Passengers in vehicles should adhere to seat belt laws at all times on school property.
- Careless or reckless driving may result in suspension of campus driving privileges.
- The student driver will remain conscious of their presence on a family-oriented campus. Driving habits should demonstrate defensive driving techniques and extreme caution.